Kean University Recreation and Intramurals offers students, faculty and staff a fun and competitive way to stay in shape and engage in on-campus sports activities. Both departments strive to include as many students as possible by offering several activities to participate in.
The Recreation Department hosts a variety of classes offered throughout the week along with our standard fitness center facilities which include the pool, arena, indoor track, fitness center and weight room. The state of the art D'Angola weight room is equipped with top of the line Life Fitness and Hammer Strength equipment, 3 plasma televisions and a stereo system with surround sound. In addition, all cardio equipment is equipped with individual cable-ready television screens along with ipod and iphone 4 chargers attached.
Intramurals offers all students a chance to participate in a number of sports regardless of their ability level. Sports that are offered include flag football, tennis, dodgeball and basketball. Special events and open recreational opportunities include volleyball, indoor soccer, softball, bench-a-thon and turkey trot.
The recreation and intramurals department encourages all students to provide feedback or voice any concerns they may have. You can reach the Recreation staff@ email@example.com
The Department of Recreation and Athletics is always looking to expand our fitness class offerings. If you are a certified instructor or know of a certified instructor interested in teaching a class at Kean please contact Jay Sgaramella. firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the Recreation videos on Recreation YouTube channel @ KeanRecreation
Kean University Recreation & Intramural Department promotes clean & safe athletic facilities including Harwood Arean, D'Angola Gymnasium, Carol Hynes Field House, Alumni Stadium, & East Campus Fitness Center. We also provide an environment that promotes mental, physical, & social wellness. Our main priority is to provide free fitness classes as well as intramurals to students, faculty, & staff. We want the Kean community to recieve the best recreational experience possible.
Fitness Center Rules and Policies:
- All students and faculty must have a valid Kean ID present to enter the fitness center, locker room, and fitness facilities.
- No bags or personal belongings on the floor of the fitness center. Everything must be put in a locker. Kean University does not provide locks and is not responsible for lost, or stolen items.
- Please clean all machines and benches after use and rack all weights when finished.
- Must be wearing workout attire. Absolutely no boots, jeans, or sandals.
- ABSOLUTELY NO GUESTS are allowed in the recreation facilities. All patrons using the facilities must be a current Kean student or Faculty member, and must present a current Kean ID before entering.
Locker Room Rules
1. PLEASE LOCK ALL PERSONAL BELONGINGS INSIDE LOCKERS WHILE WORKING OUT.
2. KEAN UNIVERSITY DOES NOT PROVIDE LOCKS; PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LOCK.
3. LOCKERS ARE FOR USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. KEAN UNIVERSITY IS NOT RESPONISBLE FOR ANY LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS.
4. LOCKERS ARE FOR DAILY USE ONLY; ALL BELONGINGS LEFT AT THE END OF THE NIGHT WILL BE REMOVED FROM LOCKERS AND KEPT IN THE RECREATION OFFICE.
5. FOR ITEMS LOCKED IN LOCKERS, YOU MUST PROVIDE SOLID PROOF OF OWNERSHIP FOR THEM TO BE RETURNED.
IF YOU HAVE ANY STOLEN ITEMS, CONTACT FACILTY SUPERVISORS AT 908-737-0600 or -0638
If you have any questions, concerns or need additional information please email the Recreation staff at email@example.com
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
RECREATION, INTRAMURALS AND EVENTS MANAGEMENT
Monday-Friday 9AM -5PM Harwood 219
Monday-Thursday 5PM-10PM Weight Room Desk
Saturday & Sunday Weight Room Desk
***MUST GIVE KEAN ID IN ORDER TO OBTAIN EQUIPMENT; MUST RETURN EQUIPMENT TO GET KEAN ID RETURNED***
***THE STUDENT SIGNING OUT THE EQUIPMENT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF THE EQUIPMENT IF LOST OR STOLEN***