Rules for Intramural Soccer
- No participant is allowed to be rostered on more than two teams in the same league.
- There will be no guest players allowed to play.
- If a team would like to add a player to their roster, they can do so up through the 4th week. This must be done through the field supervisor prior to the start of any game that they will play and the fee must be paid.
- Any team caught using a non-rostered/guest player will have the game forfeited.
- Each team must have at least 5 players on their roster when it is turned in prior no later than the beginning of the second game.
- The offensive team must have a woman touch the ball on the offensive half of the field before a goal can be scored.
- All goals must be scored on the attacking half of your opponents (opponents half of the field). Cannot score a goal from a shot on your defensive half.
- No off sides.
- Defender must stand at least 3 feet away from goal when defending the attacking team.
- Subs of the fly.
- NO SLIDE TACKLING!!!
- Players must be 5 feet on all free kicks.
- Balls that hit the lights are indirect free kicks.
- Five Second Rule. Once the referee blows his whistle to restart, player has five (5) seconds to put the ball in play. Failure to do so will result in loss of possession of the ball.
- NO Goalkeepers.
- At no time is a player allowed to put two hands on the wall when fighting for a ball or trying to shield an opponent. This will be considered obstruction and a free kick will be awarded to the other team.
- At no time is a player who has fallen to the ground allowed to play the ball while still on the ground.
- Balls can be played off the walls. This rule is subject to change.
Blue Cards are used to manage the game by having a player sit out for 2 minutes. A second Blue, followed by a Yellow card, is used to warn players so that serious foul play will not continue. 2:00 penalty, meaning team plays down a man for two (2) minutes. A third Blue will be followed by a Red card meaning that player is out for that night and the next game. Team plays down a man for 2:00. Captains' are responsible for enforcing this. If a team is caught using a player that had a red card the previous game, their game will be forfeited and that player will not be permitted to play for the rest of the season. A straight Red card is for violent conduct and serious foul play. The player is ejected and team gets 5:00 penalty that is served to its entirety, regardless of the team's scoring a goal.